Friday, November 9, 2012

Mom's Birthday Surprise on a Limited budget? No Worries!

For my first post, I decided to share how we were able to have a small family feast for my mom's birthday. Her birthday is on the 16th of July, just a day after pay day, and I cannot remember exactly why we lack the funds to throw a more decent party for her. haha. But I think this is decent enough and enough to make her happy on her 46th year.


Here are what we prepared for her:

For her Cake, I asked my sister to buy a round cake from Mernel's.
Mernel's I would say is one of my most favorite cakes of all time! It's addicting actually. I can finish the whole round chocolate cake myself. The small round cake (10") costs 270 php.Compared to buying from other known bakeries, I think this is cheaper at the same time this tastes better (just me). I wanted to make the cake look more festive. Cupcakes on birthday cakes is a trend right now, and the cheaper alternative to that? I bought 1 pack of Whatta Tops!  These are cupcakes with chocolate on top and has chocolate fillings as well so I did not have to make frosting anymore. I bought candles, and printed her picture as cake topper. I just needed big plates and a stand, and this is how it looked like.









I know, this is not the best looking cake. But come on! It's cute! :P
Other food we served are:

Pica Pica My style.. :) This is comprised of Kikiam, Hotdogs and marshmallows. Not everyone love Kikiam though. This is for me and my sisters.


We also had Pancit canton. Just need veggies and a little chicken and pancit canton of course and you're good to go. This is cheaper compared to spaghetti. I'll try to make a post for the pansit recipe. It only cost me less than a hundred php.   
And of course. My puto (steamed cake) ... Everybody loved it! And it's super easy to make. I'll make a separate post for the recipe. This is actually a pancake puto. Made primarily from a Pan Cake Mix.This won't cost you more than 50 pesos :)


That's it! To make my most precious mom more happy, my youngest sis bought a rose (She said it cost her 15 pesos) and gave it to her when she arrived from church. And we all greeted her a happy Birthday. This small feast cost us less than 500 pesos with everything included. But the best part is, I saw she was happy :). 


I hope the post gave you an idea. Or helped you in any way. I will be posting the recipe for the Pansit and Puto next time. See yah!







No comments:

Post a Comment