Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trendy Collar Necklace My way :)

Collar Necklace/detachable collar is a trend right now. I've seen some celebs wear it and I definite like how it adds a nice touch to a get up.You can wear a plain shirt/blouse and make it fab by wearing a collar necklace. Of course, being frugal does not mean being out of style. I decided I'd have to have at least one. Well, after some research on the net, I found I can have not just one, but as many as want. (Actually, as many as I can "make". But no, I am not buying. One collar usually costs 200-400 PHP, (not including shipping) and there is no way I am paying that amount for a collar.

I learned how to crochet just last year. And I would say, It is sooo addicting! haha. I can't stop sometimes. I am still not a pro, but I was able to make good stuff from the hobby. One of them is my very first collar necklace. Instead of spending 400 Pesos for the collar It only cost me 20 pesos for the 12 peso yarn and some beads for the necklace. All you need to invest is the skill and a little time w/ patience :). This took me less than an hour to make. So I'd say, it's best to try crafts sometimes. It will save you a lot!! For those who knows how to crochet, congratulations!! :)

See the photos of my very first crocheted collar necklace.

Vintage effect :)
Peter Pan Collar I think is what it's called









No comments:

Post a Comment