Friday, March 8, 2013

Mom's Old Clothes? Why not?!

I always love experimenting when it comes to fashion, and one of my favorite styles would be vintage. I also want to be unique, that's why I prefer to go to Thrift Shops and find unique pieces on there. But one day, while I was ransacking my mom's closet, I saw a very pretty, split front, vintage looking, floral dress which I'm sure hasn't been worn for over a decade now. Mama said, she bought that when I was around 2 or 3 (Early 90's). I liked it so much that I asked her to just give it to me. It was originally with sleeves and with shorts inside, but It's gone now. So what I did was buy a black skirt on one of the Ukay (Thrift Stores) in our area so I could wear it to an event I'll be attending. I wore a wedge sandals and a satchel bag with it and not bad! haha. Talk about fashion repeating itself :) So you might want to start exploring your mom's closet. You might see something you could use now and be unique. It's all about how you carry yourself and not how new or old your clothes are. :)



The skirt looked great on the dress :)

The bag was given by a friend, and he is a guy! Good taste right?
On my way to the event

No comments:

Post a Comment